Responding to the call of Christ to nurture life, Room At The Inn, operates housing and programs for single, pregnant women and single mothers with children suffering from homelessness offering them opportunities to have new lives of healthy, hope-filled independence.
- We respect the health, dignity and life of the mothers and the children, born and unborn that we serve.
- We have a preferential option for serving the poor and vulnerable.
- We encourage and affirm the desires of the clients to have their families and significant others involved in their lives.
- We recognize that diversity of stakeholders is a strength of our organization and seek to partner and collaborate with all people of faith and goodwill.
- We seek to implement accepted best practices consistent with our values in all areas of the agency’s operations and service provision.
- We understand that we are called to educate the community about the needs and contributions of the families we serve and to advocate on their behalf.
Room At The Inn, Inc. is an unique, comprehensive program helping homeless single pregnant women with or without previous children. Room at the Inn helps not only during pregnancies but also after the birth of their babies.
We provide shelter, food, clothing, case management, in-house daycare, transportation, life skills education and counseling in a structured environment. We also help families have new lives of healthy, hope-filled self sufficiency.
In order to bring these vital programs and services to the Triad, Room At The Inn was incorporated in June of 1999.
The Nussbaum Maternity Home opened in May of 2001. Renovations on the original Sternberger Mansion located in the Aycock Historical District were completed and the Mary Corinne Nussbaum Home for single pregnant mothers was opened.
We are a licensed maternity home that accepts homeless pregnant women over the age of 18 in Guilford County. We are able to accommodate six homeless pregnant women and their children.
Room at the Inn Programs for Homeless Pregnant Women
The agency has grown and other programs have been added to meet the needs of our clients. These include: Pratt Proverbs 31 Formation Program, Supported Community Living Program and the Aftercare Program.
Room at the Inn is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit
In the Spring of 2010, we were accredited by the Council on Accreditation. We are proud to receive this national recognition for our implementation of best practices throughout our organization. Room At The Inn is a nonprofit corporation with a 501(c)3 status with an all-volunteer Board of Trustees.
Read the Council of Accreditation report.
Room At The Inn is a catholic agency and welcomes all people of faith and goodwill to join us in serving single, pregnant women and single mothers with children regardless of their economic, social, religious, racial or ethnic backgrounds.
We are proud to be a member of Catholic Charities USA