******There are no showers to sign up for right now as we have postponed scheduling any until the COVID-19 threat has passed. Our maternity home is under quarantine.******
General shower info:
Each mother-to-be is given an individual baby shower to help prepare them with the items they need for their newborn. We are in need of volunteers to help with these showers, either by donating a food item, helping at a shower with set-up/shower games/clean-up, donating baby shower themed paper products or gift bags.
We provide the following new items at each baby shower if they are available:
- Baby photo album/memory books
- Bath Products for baby: lotion, baby wash/shampoo, Desitin (NEEDED)
- Bibs (all sizes)
- Books: infant hardback (NEEDED)
- Diaper bags (NEEDED)
- Gift Bags and tissue paper (NEEDED)
- Gowns/sleep sacks
- Head support for car seats/infant snuzzler (NEEDED)
- Hooded bath towels/wash cloths
- Infant brush/comb sets (NEEDED)
- Outfits (FALL/WINTER OUTFITS NEEDED)
- Maternity clothes new or used (ALWAYS NEEDED-LG AND UP)
- Nail clippers (infant) (NEEDED)
- Onesies/bodysuits: decorated or white (long sleeve or short sleeve): Sizes NB, 0-3 mos, 3 mos (LONG SLEEVE ONESIES NEEDED)
- Infant pants to go with onesies: Sizes NB, 0-3 mos, 3 mos (NEEDED)
- Receiving blankets
- Sleep n plays/sleepers (footed and non-footed): Sizes NB, 0-3 mos, 3 mos
- Socks or booties
- Thermometers: infant (NEEDED)
- Toys: 0-6 months rattles, shakers, soft grab and stack blocks, snuggle buddies, Sassy Ring O’Links, etc.
- Wipes (ALWAYS NEEDED)
Any other new or used items that come in (i.e., baby carriers/wraps/slings, boxed gift items, baby wall decor, etc.) we use for prizes for the games we play at the showers!
I want to thank those that have spent time quilting, knitting, or crocheting a blanket or hat for these mothers-to-be. They are beautiful and everyone appreciates them very much!
If you would like to donate any items listed above, you can contact Marianne Donadio, firstname.lastname@example.org or see the hours below for donation drop offs at the Maternity Home.
All donations (new and used) can be dropped off at the Maternity Home on 734 Park Avenue, Greensboro Monday thru Friday, 9 am – 4 pm. Because of the busy schedule of both the residents and the staff at the Maternity Home (participating in ongoing Life Skills Classes and Staff Meetings), we ask that you call the office at 336-275-9566 to make an appointment before dropping these items off.
We appreciate your donations new and used and help with the baby showers. There has been a great response to help in using this SignUp Genius and I can’t thank each of you enough for all your support. We could not do this without you. We are truly blessed. THANK YOU!For more info on our programs, please visit our website at www.RoomInn.org.