We are starting up in-person baby showers again!
Please read the info below before signing up.
Each mother-to-be is given an individual baby shower to help prepare them with the items they need for their newborn. We are in need of volunteers to help with these showers, either by donating a food item, helping at a shower with set-up/shower games/clean-up, donating baby shower themed paper products or gift bags. (If you bring shower gifts to the shower they will be used for a shower in the future)
We provide the following new items at each baby shower if they are available:
- Baby photo album/memory books
- Bath Products for baby: lotion, baby wash/shampoo, Desitin
- Bibs (all sizes)
- Books: infant hardback
- Diaper bags
- Gift Bags and tissue paper
- Gowns/sleep sacks
- Head support for car seats/infant snuzzler
- Hooded bath towels/wash cloths
- Infant brush/comb sets
- Nail clippers (infant)
- Onesies/bodysuits: decorated or white (long sleeve or short sleeve): Sizes NB, 0-3 mos, 3 mos
- Infant pants to go with onesies: Sizes NB, 0-3 mos, 3 mos
- Receiving blankets
- Sleep n plays/sleepers (footed and non-footed): Sizes NB, 0-3 mos, 3 mos
- Socks or booties
- Thermometers: infant
- Toys: 0-6 months rattles, shakers, soft grab and stack blocks, snuggle buddies, Sassy Ring O’Links, etc.
- Wipes (ALWAYS NEEDED)
Any other new or used items that come in (i.e., baby carriers/wraps/slings, boxed gift items, baby wall decor, etc.) we use for prizes for the games we play at the showers!
Thank you to those of you who have spent time quilting, knitting, or crocheting a blanket or hat for these mothers-to-be. They are beautiful and everyone appreciates them very much!
If you would like to donate any items listed above, you can contact Marianne Donadio, email@example.com or see the hours below for donation drop offs at the Maternity Home.
All donations (new and used) can be dropped off at the Maternity Home on 734 Park Avenue, Greensboro Monday thru Friday, 9 am – 4 pm. Because of the busy schedule of both the residents and the staff at the Maternity Home (participating in ongoing Life Skills Classes and Staff Meetings), we ask that you call the office at 336-275-9566 to make an appointment before dropping these items off.
We appreciate your donations new and used and help with the baby showers. There has been a great response to help in using this SignUp Genius and we can’t thank each of you enough for all your support. We could not do this without you. We are truly blessed. THANK YOU!www.RoomInn.org.